Are there really only two months left until my baby turns one? Where has the time gone? A friend in my ward told me that after 6 months the time just flies. She's right.
This has been a pretty exciting month for Seth. He's still not crawling, but at this point he may just skip it and go straight to walking.
Seth's accomplishments this month include:
*Almost getting his walker down the stairs (I caught him when there was one wheel over the edge)
*Insisting that he must stand whenever there is a table, couch or ottoman he can hold on to and walk around
*Discovering that he does, in fact, possess the coveted Mikesell tongue (which appears when one is concentrating particularly hard)
*Rolling over BOTH WAYS! And we never had to go to baby physical therapy--he did it all on his own!
*Recognizing the word 'light'--he'll immediately look for a light when you say the word
*Eating grown-up food basically all the time. He's way done with the pureed stuff
*He can go from sitting to his knees to his belly (as long as his feet don't get stuck because he sits with his ankles crossed). But no, he won't stay on his knees or try to crawl
*He's a pro in his walker. When it gets stuck he knows just how to shove it in order to get free
*Sometimes, on rare occasions, he will let go of the couch and stand independently for a few seconds. Once or twice he's even gone from standing alone to sitting with no problems
*Still has absolutely no fear of strangers. And still loves his Daddy best of all
*Babbles "da-da-da-dad" when happy, "na-na-na-nyah" when whining, and various strange noises at other times. Still no "ma-ma-ma", despite all my promptings
*Thinks that he needs to investigate the stroller wheels at all times. This is especially difficult when we're on a walk and the wheels are moving
*Loves, loves, LOVES the swings. If we walk past the playground in our cul-de-sac, he gets so excited. And if you pass by without stopping, he'll whine and crane his neck around to see the swings. We finally bought him his own swing for the back porch, and he is one content little monkey
*Went on his third (and worst) plane flight. Jon swears we're never flying with him again
*Finally cut those two blasted top teeth, after a month or so of pain, whining, and not sleeping. Grand Tooth Total: 4--two top, two bottom (which he grinds occasionally--gives me the jeebies)
*New favorite food: bread, or anything bread-related (pancakes, rolls, biscuits, crepes, etc.)
*I can pretty much count on him sleeping from 8:30 pm to 6am straight, then he wakes up to nurse and sleeps until 8:30am. Wonderful, wonderful
*He is almost as excited to see the ceiling fan as he is to see his dad
*I have to watch him at the grocery store now--if I get the cart too close to the shelf, he'll grab for things
*Throws tantrums occasionally when we close the door at night after we've put him down. They usually only last a minute or two, but they're impressive
*Asserting his independence in whatever forms he can think of--squirming in his carseat, pushing us away when he doesn't want to be held, rejecting food, poo-sploding when he doesn't like his outfit...
I just love this little man. He's getting to be so much fun, and I love watching his personality develop (even if it is a stubborn one). Being a mom is the greatest job in the world.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Seth at 10 months
at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hooray for sleeping through the night! I am SO looking forward to that day! I would love to meet Seth in person--I think he and Tucker would get along well (they seem to have similar stubborn tendencies). And I can't believe he's 10 months already! Where is the time going???
It is a lovely and blessed thing to be a momma! Those lesit of 10 month accomplishments makes me miss my babies...it really really really is a blink! Pretty soon he'll be in Primary!
oh how I love that little monster! He is darling! I wouldn't be suprised at all if he goes straight to walking without even crawling.
You got a lot done in one nap : ) He is growing up up so cute Megan! Glad to hear that you are all well.
That is so crazy that he is almost one. This age is so fun. The time flies by way to fast. I wish they could stay little forever or at least have one kid stay little and let the rest grow up. He is so cute. He looks just like a Mikesell.
I'm so glad you're loving motherhood! Be careful- you're getting to the age where you start thinking that maybe another one would be double the fun!! Which it is! And it's double the work and worry, too!
Post a Comment