Monday, July 5, 2010

This Week Alone...

The lip

We have accomplished the following:

*fell and skinned our knee
*did something mysterious that ended in a profusely bleeding elbow
*fell off Dad's bedside table and landed flat on our face (resulting in a red, scraped nose)
*fell in the bathroom and put one of our teeth straight through our lip

The joys of being a toddler (and a boy).

Want to hear how we celebrated the 4th? First there were three hours of church (meaning organ, Primary piano and Young Women for me). Then there was this awesomeness:

Jon has to stay after church every week to do tithing (he's ward financial clerk). He helped me load up Seth and then headed back inside. Seth and I drive home, excited about getting to eat food. We pull up, I unload everything, and go to open the bolt on our front door.

My key is totally stuck. Won't turn. Won't come out. Which means I can't unlock the handle. Which means we're sitting on our front porch and are totally locked out. I need to go to the bathroom. Seth is starving. And it's 90 degrees outside.

Of course, Seth chooses this moment to do something (I never saw him fall or anything) that results in a bloody elbow. I grab the diaper bag to pull out a wipe for all the blood running down the elbow, only to find that the wipes aren't in there.

So now we're locked out, hot, starving, and BLEEDING.

Thank heaven for cell phones. Jon came to rescue us (meaning that he used his key to unlock the handle). I felt much better about myself after he tried to get my key out without success. In fact, it's still sitting in the lock. That's right: our front door has no functioning bolt. Come rob us.

What a fantastic 4th, right? Okay, so we did light some sparklers later that evening (Seth wouldn't touch them. Wimp.) and throw some poppers around. We'll do some more tonight. But we didn't want to drag an exhausted Seth to some fireworks show an hour after his bedtime. Next year, maybe.

3 comments:

AZ Mikesells said...

I'M SORRY!!!! Let's see, we attempted our 3 hours of church, but Beth got sick (and I already was queasy - camp illness?) so Dad sat with my Primary class while I ran Beth home. I took pepto bismo, grabbed some soda crackers and headed back to church. We did watch the edited version of "Last of the Mohicans" - sort of "revoluntionary"...

Adrian said...

Yikes, nightmare!! Stories like that make me consider getting a cell phone. I really want to meet Seth.

Sommer said...

Oh my gosh what a nightmare!!! I think I would have started to cry... ok I know I would have, I'm a little emotional lately. Maybe someday you'll look back and laugh at this experience though... maybe =)