Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Kick-off

I have several friends who have complained that I'm quarantining myself in my house.  This post is to prove that I do, in fact, leave the house.  Sometimes.  Like twice a month.  What do you do when your baby sleeps from 9 to noon and your son sleeps from 1 to 3?  Yep.  You never leave.

But when some friends invited us to a local beach, I couldn't resist.  Catherine made us pay dearly for messing with her naps (she was a monster for 2 or 3 days, the punk), but it might just have been worth it.  It was SO nice to get to chat with some friends who I don't get to see often.  My favorite part was watching Catherine Washburn quite skillfully hold both my Catherine and her little Josiah.  I felt guilty about leaving her with two little ones, but I'm pretty sure she was in heaven!

As usual, Seth spent 95% of the time in the sand.  

Helping Felix build a sand castle.
Or hindering him.  Not sure.


Me & the Princess.  I love this little bug.


She loves the heat about as much as her mother does.
Which is not at all.

The best part?  No sunburns on any kids, and only a slight one on me.  That is quite an accomplishment for pasty-whites like us!

5 comments:

Adrian said...

Cute! you are cute! And your kids are cute! And good work respecting sleep schedules!

Tasty Tidbits said...

Your baby girl is growing so fast! I think she looks a lot like her mommy- so cute!

Holly said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who stays home all day! Seriously--how are you supposed to get out when you have a baby's AND a toddler's nap schedule to work around! The beach looks like it was fun, though. Catherine is getting so big!

Alicia said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you had a good time. It is the worst when the naps conflict like that! Makes for some boring days!

HeavenlyHome said...

Yep. I was in heaven!!! Let's do it again!!!