...I used to pride myself in my awesome pumpkins.
I spent a lot of time making my own patterns and carefully cutting them out.
I carved awesome things like Ariel and Captain Jack Sparrow.
Then we had kids, and there's just not much time for detailed carving between dinner and bedtime.
This year's winner?
A mad pumpkin.
Then he insisted I also carve the tiny pumpkin he got from the orchard we went to.
This one was to be a happy pumpkin.
Look carefully--there are two pumpkins.
See? Two.
And carving those little guys with a steak knife? Not easy.
Both kids were thrilled with the results:
"That's the best you can do, Mom?"
Little pumpkin, little Princess:
Now excuse me while I go eat another (six) handful of pumpkin seeds.





4 comments:
At least you carved a pumpkin this year! Our pumpkins were electrically light...
That tiny one with a steak knife.....your little ones can't appreciate that kind of skill yet!!!! Dang awesome!
Megan, you totally crack me up! I laughed my way through this blog. There are so many things we do for our kids and they are so unimpressed. The expressions on their faces was priceless!
Ok Tracie's comment was exactly what I was going to see. So ditto hers. Hilarious!! Love Seth's face in the unamused picture.
Post a Comment