*Seth was writing on my calendar this afternoon. I looked up and saw what I thought were a bunch of random letters. I asked him what it said, and he responded, "Heh, heh, heh!" Sure enough, the calendar was filled with H's and E's. Then he informed me that "that's how I'm going to laugh now." Heh, heh, heh...
*He's also taken to making up games for us and Catherine to play. Right now they almost always involve keeping away from the lava, but some get very complex with lots of rules and regulations. During Christmas Jon's older sister commented that Seth is just like Jon was as a kid--always making up games for everyone to play.
*Catherine, on the other hand, seems to have a different side of her dad's personality--namely the side that enjoys pestering siblings. Seth is at the age right now where he bursts into tears if he doesn't win. Doesn't matter if it's a race down the stairs or a game of Cootie--if he loses, there is much drama. Which means all Catherine has to do is say, "I win!" in order to start him into a panic. "No, I win!" "I win!" "NO! I WIN!" They can be in the middle of eating lunch or watching a show (no competition at all) and she'll just blurt it out and watch carefully until he freaks out. She knows she can always get a reaction with that phrase. I am in big trouble with this one.
*Other favorite Catherine thing right now? She pronounces "blanket" as "bacon." Every morning she comes wakes up with her two blankets snuggled to her face and announces, "Two bacons!"
*We had her (awesome) nursery leader and family over for dinner on Sunday. He told us that if Catherine's upset in Nursery, all he has to do is start wiggling his hand crazily in front of her face. She immediately stops and starts giggling. Not sure what to make of that one...
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Kids are Awesome
at 6:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh that's funny stuff! Kids are totally awesome. :)
Haha. Sounds like Ellie and Catherine have lots in common!
Not all kids are awesome, but yours certainly are. I like Catherine's fire! She's definitely your kid.
I'm laughing :D heh, heh, heh
You have your hands full :)
Cute kids. We have the I Win thing going on right now too
Post a Comment