Friday, January 31, 2014

Let the Snow Begin

First snow of 2014, and it was a good one!

Jon, extracting the van from the snow: 
(note that he is wearing Seth's hat--Seth's head is so big we had to go to adult sizes.
Yay for Mikesell heads!)

Aaron also braved the cold to join the family fun: 
He lasted about 15 minutes.

Nothing like a good snow to break in new coats.
Pink for Princess: 

Blue for the Seth Man: 

Bitter cold makes excellent sledding snow: 

Much to my surprise, Catherine actually got back on the sled.
Repeatedly: 

When I say it was cold, I mean it was COLD.
For example, bubble blown on our deck? 

Shattered: 
Still not quite as bitter, terribly cold as Iowa/Illinois, but not a temperature I enjoy!

2 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Mikesell heads :D :D :D

Catherine the brave got back on the sled, I'm impressed!

And your frozen bubble photo is awesome photography!

Kellie said...

I've heard about shattering bubbles, but have never gotten it to work. I've got to try it on the next bitterly cold streak (we'll undoubtedly have another at the rate we're going).