One day for history we learned about embroidery. Much to my surprise, all 4 kids wanted to give it a try!
Seth's staircase
Aaron's spiderweb
Catherine's road
Elise's rainbow of colors
Catherine was intrigued and asked to try real embroidery. I pulled out one of the cloths Grandma Danice gave me decades ago and she went to town!
Advanced embroidery 201
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that if you hold one, you must hold both."
We went tubing with Knoxes and Kraczeks and it was insane and so much fun and I may have had to save a couple of my kids from drowning repeatedly (I'm looking at you, Elijah). Next time: only with Jon around!
Our most favorite babysitter/friend was heading out to Utah for school. She was so sweet and stopped by to say goodbye before she left. We hadn't been able to see Kaia from closer than 6 feet away since March, so it was SO nice to get some last minute snuggles and hugs before she left. I feel like I lost a friend and daughter all at once.
With COVID and the awfulness of virtual school, several of our friends have turned to homeschooling. We have LOVED getting to spend more time with such awesome people! Tessa invited us over to learn about the Susquehannock tribe and to make pottery with oyster shells. And this is why I LOVE homeschooling so much!
Random Elise moments:
Much like Catherine's "Poor Girl Named Sara", Elise has an alter-ego named "The Girl Who Lives In The Forest" (actually the trees behind our house). She shows up occasionally and asks about "the girl named Elise who lives here" and tells me about her mom who lives in the woods.
A typical Elise experience:
Jon: "Why did you put soap on the mirror?"
Elise: "Because I was washing my hands and I accidentally put soap on the mirror."
This girl is going to be the death of us, but at least it will be an interesting death!









1 comments:
I'm excited to meet the "Poor girl named Sara" as well as "girl in the woods" and her mother. I'm impressed with the embroidery. I almost flunked Primary :D
Post a Comment