Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Awesome Aaron

One of Aaron's recent interests is alliteration, like Aaron's Awesome Artwork:
This guy's armor/outfit is just pure majesty.

Another current favorite is palindromes, like 'tacocat' or 'anna'. He's also a big fan of them in number form, like '12321'. 

His great love is still screens. Recently he's bounced from Roblox to Minecraft to Breath of the Wild to Smash Brothers to Bad Piggies. 

Reading is still not his favorite. I keep pushing for him to try audiobooks instead, but he doesn't even really enjoy us reading aloud. Our best guess is that he has a hard time keeping the story straight in his mind. He still interrupts me to ask for definitions almost every sentence, so I can't imagine that he's catching much of the story. 

We've been doing Khan for math this year. He's working his way through third grade math and still has a really excellent number sense. Hoping it's something he can maintain. 

Other obsession that pops up now and again--making his own paper:
Complete with cool kitchen towel imprint design!

Aaron is my peace between the storms of pre-teen Catherine emotions and pixie/gremlin Elise. I can always count on him to just do what he's supposed to do (his schoolwork, cleaning up, putting his stuff away, etc.) He's also been so, so awesome with Elijah. What would I do without my Aaron best friend?

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Your best friend is such a sweet boy!