Monday, September 27, 2021

Elijah Turns 2

To make life simpler and also more fun, we had Elijah's birthday party a bit early and combined it with Timmy's birthday party. And by 'party' I mean we ate dinner and cake with the Knoxes, which is one of my favorite kinds of parties!
Someone gave him the beater.
It might have been me, but my money's on Catherine.

There was only one choice for his cake this year:

I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't more excited about it. I don't think he realized what it was supposed to be. Maybe if I had gone the distance and used fondant to make an exact replica of our Roomba, but this was just not good enough for his discerning tastes.

Look! Timmy is (kinda) smiling for the camera!
Elijah is decidedly not smiling.
Also, Timmy is clearly turning 2711.

He looks terrified.
Must have been our singing skills.

Blowing out the candles is the BEST PART of birthdays!

Especially when you get a bonus round of candle blowing!
Timmy's just the best uncle ever.

The Knoxes gave Elijah a baby shark toy that swims around in the tub while singing the Baby Shark song. Nonstop. He thinks it's totally hilarious and insists on it during all baths now. I love it when I'm showing and the water hits the bath toys just the right way and I get a Baby Shark serenade while shampooing my hair. 

Actual birthday morning!
And Elijah has no idea and literally does not care!

Birthday breakfast?
Whatever Dad is eating.
Just like every other breakfast...

Happy second birthday, my Stinky!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

His birthday breakfast is the BEST!