Friday, July 22, 2022

Temple Open House

Because we just can't get enough of crazy youth trips to DC, the next weekend we headed back down for the Washington DC Temple open house! 

Winter's Run youth and leaders and siblings!

I was a bit terrified when we got into the tent and there were Disneyland-level winding lanes for the entrance. But thankfully they moved quickly and the youth only knocked over one potted plant (which was thankfully in a plastic pot and no damage was done). 

The tour was a little odd compared to other open houses I've attended. It was entirely self-guided, with no one leading groups or giving any context. There were some people around to answer questions, but because we were all in a giant line moving through, it felt rushed. I think they just had so many people to get through that they didn't dare add any time to the experience. But it was hard because I wished some of the youth had a chance to slow down more and breathe it in. 

Jenny & I waiting for the group to head home

Me, Gabe & Brie

Me & Julia

Jack, Summer, Jenny & me

Group photo (same spot as the hike photo from last week)

The attending young women and leaders

The attending young men and leaders

We enjoyed a lovely lunch at a local park before driving back home. 
SOOOOOO excited for the temple to open up again!

0 comments: