Since Catherine was in Arizona and Seth was off on a camping adventure with the YM, I signed the three youngest kids up for Ninja Warrior camp for a few days. Of course Elijah refused to go again after day 1, so my big plans for kid-free project time were foiled (I had to stay with him instead). But at least Aaron and Elise had fun!
On the last day they had an obstacle course competition. I got to watch all the kids go through the course:
Aaron's turn
Elise's turn
Elijah's turn
(in the smaller gym)
This competition was exactly what Aaron is all about right now: feats of strength + crushing the competition. When it was his turn, Aaron wasted zero time. He was all business and he was in it to win. I wasn't sure he could pull it off since he was not the biggest or fastest kid at camp, but he did it!
A very proud Aaron with his medal.
This has become a key moment in his life that is often brought up in casual conversation.
Super proud of him and his dedication!




0 comments:
Post a Comment