
My husband...
What is his name? Jonathan Cox Blood
How long have you been together?
Since we started dating-2 1/2 years
Since we were married - it will be 2 years in December
How long did you date?
5 months before he proposed, then we were engaged for 4 months
How old is he? 25
Who eats more? Usually him. However, if there are French Fries (or any form of potatoes) involved, I can slowly but surely out-eat him.
Who said I love you first? He did. It took me completely by surprise, since we had only been dating 2 months. We were hanging out at my apartment (it was my 20th birthday) and out of the blue he looks at me and says, "I love you." I stared blankly at him for several seconds, and then, (most unconvincingly, according to Jon), mumbled, "I love you, too." He told me he didn't believe me until the next week or so.
Who is taller? Jon, by 5 inches.
Who sings better? Me, although we did have a serious discussion about his singing ability last night. I think there's some potential there, but I'm being kind and not informing the ward choir director, who, without exception, hunts down every potential singer in the ward.
Who is smarter? Good question. I had a better GPA, but I was "just" an English major, whereas he was a Chemical Engineering major. He's better with logic and deep thinking, where I am the one who keeps the day-to-day stuff in line (like realizing at 2am the night before we left that our cruise didn't actually leave for two more days). Oh, and he corrects my grammar more frequently than I correct his.
Who does the laundry? Me. No way I'm letting "throw everything in the dryer" boy near my clothes.
Who does the dishes? I'll be kind and say Jon. Technically, it's his job, but he has a tendency to leave things to "soak" for several days, at which point I usually need something that is "soaking" and end up doing the dishes.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you're standing at the foot of the bed, Jon sleeps on the right. Always. Which is funny, because we unconsciously chose those sides and later realized that both our parents sleep the exact same way--wife on the left, husband on the right.
Who pays the bills? Jon. He has a very precise system, and I just let him do his thing.
Who mows the lawn? Glenda, our landlady.
Who cooks dinner? Me. I can occasionally get him to cook, but he insists that it tastes better when I cook. I try to use this same logic against him--"It tastes better when someone else cooks. Let's go out to eat." Doesn't usually work.
Who drives when you are together? Jon. I have a latent road rage gene that comes roaring to life in even moderate traffic.
Who is more stubborn? It's close, but I think I win.
Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Usually Jon. I'm still woefully immature sometimes.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me. Before we had even gone on a date or held hands. Once again--total surprise.
Who asked who out? Funny story: So a week previous to the first kiss mentioned above, I had suddenly realized that I had a crush on him (seriously--it was like, "BAM! Oh, I guess I like Jon"). According to Jon, I was so inept at hiding my feelings that he could tell by the time that night was over. He, being the flirt that he is, takes advantage of this new development. There was no hand-holding or kissing, but there was some extreme-sitting-really-close-on-the-couch time. I let this go for a few days, and then decided that I would NOT be a simple snuggle buddy. If he wanted to cuddle, he was going to have to ask me out. A day or two later my apartment threw a movie night, during which there was more cuddling. However, I was determined that he was not leaving until I had made myself clear. Thus, when the movie ended, I kept him back so I could give him a talking to. He, however, interpreted this as a move to make myself more accessible for kissing and took immediate advantage (while my roommate spied from the kitchen). I informed him immediately afterwards that he would be taking me out that weekend. So I'm not sure who really "asked" who. I demanded that he ask, and then he asked.
Who proposed? He did. I flew all the way to Arkansas just so he could propose, and then he tells me the ring didn't come in time. At first I thought it was a joke, but by my last night there I was convinced. Of course, he proposed that night. Punk.
Who is more sensitive? Me. Jon's an engineer. They have no sensitivities.
Who has more friends? Me, but only because I'm better at keeping in touch.
Who has more siblings? Jon, by a landslide. He's 3rd of 10, I'm first of 4.
Who wears the pants in the family? It's surprisingly even, actually. He handles the money and major decisions (like where we'll live in Maryland) and I run the house and make sure he doesn't forget to do the little things. Sometimes I feel like I'm his secretary.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
...and one for Julie
at 7:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes! Thanks Megan. You just have to remember, each of those questions is very important. :) I hope things are going well. Good luck in the house hunt! And congrats on quitting your job. That feels good.
Oh Megan I am glad you jumped on the train and started a blog...I think I have convinced everyone how much fun they can be and how they can really keep us all intouch! Eric, Q, and I might be heading your direction here soon! wouldn't that be fun!
haha funny I just re-typed my post cause it wasn't showing up...sorry you got it twice
Amen, Amen, Amen to your comment... "He is an engineer... they have no sensitivities!"
My husband is a mechanical engineer. Their brains function differently! You make me laugh!
Post a Comment