And here I thought I would be bored once all of our stuff had been moved out.
Tuesday night was another restless night for me. I kept thinking about all the stuff I needed to grab before the packers came. Yes, I'm ridiculous. So what was I doing at 8:15 am when the packers showed up? That's right--supergluing my fingers together. And not just a few fingers, either. Out of a possible 10 fingers (including thumbs), I successfully bonded 7 of them together. Needless to say, the container I was trying to fix is currently traveling to Maryland still unfixed.
I was a little nervous when the packers showed up at the door because there were only two of them, and they were girls. I can say this because I am a girl--girls tend to be much less efficient at packing than boys are. However, I failed to realize the positive side until later--girls are a LOT nicer to your stuff than boys are. And, to be fair, they were done by 2:30 pm. By the way, if anyone needs a moving company, we REALLY liked Mayflower.That night Jonny and I went to our friends' house for pumpkin carving. Adrian carved what she dubbed to be a "spirate" (spider-pirate). It was originally just going to be a spider, but then her daughter, Yoroko, decided that it needed to be a pirate. And she can be VERY convincing when she wants to be. Jonny carved a pterodactyl, which has reference to the costume that he belatedly decided he would like. Amazing though I am, I can't put together a pterodactyl costume in less than a week (especially when all our stuff gets packed up halfway through that week). I carved Ariel because I like Ariel (although Yoroko spent the whole night telling me, "That's not usual, Megan. That's not usual"). We think they turned out pretty well.
Friday morning the movers came and loaded everything up. They did a fabulous job, though I still had to leave the room when they loaded up the piano. I'm already dreading the idea of watching them haul it up two flights of stairs to our new apartment. That night was our ward Halloween trunk or treat. Do most adults dress up for this? No. But Halloween is my favorite holiday and I did not let that deter me. Due to previously mentioned constraints, our costumes were much less impressive this year. We took full advantage of Jon's semi-fro and turned him into Wolverine. Granted, this was not without significant amounts of whining on Jon's part. He REALLY wanted to be a pterodactyl. I resorted to my fall back costume--Pippi Longstocking. Jon's costume turned out way better than mine. I spend so much time getting his ready that mine always turn out lame. I must remedy this.
After a late-night haircut, Jon and I headed to the Nauvoo temple with the youth at 7 am this morning. It was a sad experience for me--I hate the idea of having to say goodbye to Nauvoo again. We had a good time, and really enjoyed the car rides with Mindy and Nathan. That ride is so much less stressful for me when Jon isn't driving. Nathan doesn't feel the need to pass everyone on the 2 lane highway that isn't going 15 over.
I'm avoiding counting the days left here--I'm not ready to go! And now I have to go feed Jon, a process that is infinitely more complicated without a microwave.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
A Few Crazy Days
at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Megan,
You make a great "Pippy" - I love your blog. You write beautifully and are so stinkin funny. Best of luck with your upcoming move. I am learning a lot via your experience.
Your costumes looked great! (I loved your hair!) Good luck with the rest of the move!
PUNKIN!!!
How the heck did you find Kris and I?? We were just chatting about you and how you love Halloween. Even though everyone else who has a blog has children, I still think it's a great way to stay in touch, I haven't even talked to you since your wedding, have I? Anyway, you and Mr. Blood look like you're having tons-o-fun. Yay! -Al, T, Alisse T
Hey Megan! I had a similar experience with superglue last night. I think that it was inspired by you because it happened the same day that I read your blog. Thanks. I dedicated it to you. Check it out...
Post a Comment