Saturday, November 29, 2008

Aunt Lori comes to visit

Check out the jowls on this kid
Aunt Lori is a smart woman. When she realized that she'd have to fight off grandparents, great-grandparents, and three adoring aunts in order to hold Seth during Thanksgiving, she decided to come visit us in advance. She flew all the way across the country so she could have a week of Seth all to herself. Of course, she got to see me and Jon, too, but we're not nearly as fun as Seth.

I have to admit--we were pretty boring hosts. Our one adventure was to take Lori to Kilgore Falls to enjoy the changing colors. She was the marvelous photographer who took the family picture at the top of our blog. That was pretty much the extent of our touristing--we spent the rest of her time here just hanging out. Or, rather, she hung out with Jon and Seth while I went to lots and lots of meetings for Young Women (which, thankfully, have slowed down).

It was so fun to have someone around to help with Seth during the day. He doesn't get held as much as he'd like to when I'm around--after all, 17 pounds is a lot of baby. Plus, there was someone to watch him so I could shower--hallelujah!! Lori was so good with him--she taught him how to bring his feet together for easier grabbing, and how to do day trading with her stocks. She had a really hard time leaving him to go to NYC, but at least we got to see her again during Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Sommer said...

I LOVE the last picture so much and the look on his face. What a good Aunt you have!