Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sara Catherine

She's here!  We went into the hospital early yesterday morning (2 am) because I was having contractions.  And at 9:55 am, at 41 weeks, Sara Catherine made her appearance--no need for the scheduled induction, she came all on her own!


7 lbs. 1 oz. 20 1/4 inches at one week late
(Seth was 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long at 10 days early)


No idea where that nose came from.  Her eyes are much darker than Seth's, and her hair isn't as red as his was at birth.  We can definitely tell they're siblings, though!

Based on her measurements, it looks like I was probably right about the due date being off a week or so.  Which makes me feel a little better about having to wait so long.  She was also facing the wrong way (sunny side up) like Seth, which explains the on-again-off-again labor.  And also why the epidural didn't work AGAIN.  More details later.

So far she's a very content little girl.  She's nursing like a pro (ALL NIGHT LONG) and loves to be held.  My only complaint is that she has her days and nights mixed up.  Neither of us got much sleep last night...

Not going to complain too much about this picture--guess not pushing for 90 minutes means your face doesn't swell as much!

Jon is a very happy daddy, who is actually spending most of his time with Seth.  I'm excited to go home so we can actually all be together.


Seth meeting Catherine.  He's kind of intrigued, but more intrigued by the buttons on my bed (he called the nurse) and walking the halls with Jon to 'see the doctors'.


Oh, and playing with the cars that Catherine 'gave' him.  Because heaven knows this kid needs MORE Matchbox cars...but nothing else makes his face light up like 'cahs'.


Our new little family (see, there's the swelling!)

11 comments:

Kellie said...

So glad she made it here safely - congratulations on a beautiful baby girl!

Ali said...

She is just beautiful!! Congratulations to all of you!

HeavenlyHome said...

She is lovely! Absolutely precious! What a darling blessed little family! God is good.

Holly said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad she decided to come on our own & that things are going well. She is adorable, and you look great! I'll always remember her birthday--one day after Calvin! :)

Diane said...

Congrats again! You have a beautiful little family!!!

Jen Bowen said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you. I'm glad Catherine made it here safely. It sounds like Seth's reaction was pretty much the same as Zach's. They need to make the nurse call button much less tempting for toddlers to push.

Dawn said...

I'm so happy for you all! You did a great job too Megan!

Christy said...

What a gorgeous baby girl! Megan Blood you do good work. And it cracks me up that when you think your face is all swollen... you actually look normal (aka - not crack skinny!) LOL. You guys are an adorable little family :) Congrats!

The Pierce Family said...

Congratulations, you guys!
Can't wait to see her! What a little cutie she is...and Megan, you look great!

Christine said...

Congrats! She's a cutie and you look amazing as well. Hope you're recovering well and getting some sleep where you can!

Kiama Dawson said...

Congratulations! She looks like a little tiny doll in the first picture of you holding her! I sympathize with you on the sunny side up thing... I wouldn't recommend it! She is beautiful though, and I am so glad that everything went well and she is finally here for you!