Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sethisms

The Seth Man
(at a little over three years old he was 38 inches tall and 32 pounds)

Some of these I've posted on Facebook, so you might have seen them before.  But I want to post them here so I'll remember to scrapbook them later.

*First words out of Seth's mouth one morning: "Some people are wicked."
Me: "Oh, really?  What did they do?"
Seth: "They didn't listen to the prophets and Jesus.  But Seth listens to Jesus and Heavenly Father."
Guess he really is paying attention!

*Or maybe not.  Every morning I show him pictures from the Gospel Art Kit and tell him the story.  Today it was the Harry Anderson painting of Christ with the children.  In the middle of my story, Seth turns to me and says, "I smell strawberry shortcake."  Pokey Little Puppy, anyone?

Seth-in-a-Box
(he kept hiding in there and popping out at random times)

*Marah: Seth, do you want this poster of Jimmer in your room?
Seth: No, he might take my pacifiers.

*Me (pointing to picture of Jimmer): Seth, who's that?
Seth: Moses

*He's a little obsessed with bad guys right now.  Sometimes I'm the bad guy and he kills me, sometimes he's the bad guy and takes my stuff.  And one night he insisted we were ALL bad guys and then beckoned us into the playroom saying, 'Come on!  Yet's take each other's stuff!'

*During a FHE lesson on how Jesus and Heavenly Father love us, Jon explained that Jesus can make us feel better when we're hurt.  Seth said, "Jesus make my owies all better?"  "Yes, Jesus will make us feel all better."   "Jesus make my owies all better!"  He immediately looked down at his legs and was perplexed as to why all the bruises were still there after we told him Jesus would make him all better.

*Seth to me as I exit the bathroom: "Good job, Mommy!!!"

*Me: (happily building a tower for Seth)
Seth: "That's not very good."
I was actually pretty proud of that tower.

*Me, trying to discipline Seth: "Seth, is that a good choice or a bad choice?"
Seth: "No! YOU'RE a bad choice!"

*"I so darn cute!" or, alternatively, "I so darn skinny!"

*He likes to grab the scriptures from our room and 'read' to us.  My favorite 'story' was when Moses didn't put away his sidewalk chalk.  From there we got into a theological discussion on why Jesus always put away his sidewalk chalk...

*At the moment his two favorite things to pretend to be are a 'yizard' (lizard) and a baby-with-no-teeth.  The lizard I find hilarious--the baby is getting old really quickly.  At his three year check-up the doctor was trying to ask him questions and all he would say was 'Buh!  Ga!' because he was being the baby.  Sigh...
(this is his face while he's 'being the baby.'  I was trying to show his new shoes...)

*Going back to the bad guy obsession: occasionally he will change things up and be a 'bad yizard'.  Which apparently means scowling and glaring at everyone as you try to bite the couch.

 *My favorite is playing 'Nightmare in the Closet.'  He'll hide in the closet and we have to say, "Don't come out, Nightmare, or I'll shoot you!"  Of course, he comes out, and gets shot (but always miraculously survives and then turns to shoot me).

*We're teaching him to ask to be excused before he leaves the table.  His translation? "Maybescused, please?"

*Uncle Stephen's catchphrase: "That's crazy talk!"  Translation into Sethese: "That's craisin talk!"

*Some kids like Lucky Charms.  Our son, however, prefers 'Yucky Churns.'

Our cheeseball.  We love him so.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm impressed with the, "you're a bad choice" -ism. I wouldn't have a comeback and I'd probably burst out laughing! What a fun boy.

AZ Mikesells said...

OH, I needed a good laugh today :))

The Pierce Family said...

Hilarious! I loved reading these...totally cracked me up. Kids just say the funniest things! And yes, I know all about bad guys in my house too.