Annual Blood Family Math Game:
2 parents
+10 children
+5 spouses
+1 fiancee
+8 grandchildren (and two on the way)
-1 Timmy on a mission in Mexico
=
25 people
But, for the first time, NOT all in one house.
We all thank Stephen & Claudia for buying a home 30 minutes from Mom & Dad
so that no one had to sleep in the kitchen.
Or the garage.
And now a quick rundown of the four pictures I took during the week we were there:
Jason & Catherine in the tub.
The twin cousins--Catherine & Andrew
Andrew was born 2 days before Catherine
(although if she'd come on time, she would have been older...stinker)
Did I mention that Andrew is practically walking at that Catherine is...sitting up on her own?
She does babble more than him, but speed crawling trumps 'bababa' any day.
And here we are, in all our glory:
Seth decided he was going to be adopted by Aaron & Ashley.
Who says you need to be be married to have kids?
Wondering why there are no pictures of Seth? It's because we saw him at meals and bedtimes (and usually then only by coercion). 95% of his day was spent running wild with his cousins. It's been a month since we left and he still talks about how much he misses his cousins...
I also personally offended Mom Blood by buying her new curtains for her living room. Because, you know, her 20+ year old frilly, baby-pink curtains were still totally functional (see below, from last Christmas).
She forgave me after the new curtains had been up for a day or two.
And after she realized she could use the pink curtains in her bedroom.
Still love us, Mom Blood?
(you can see the new curtains on the left in the family picture)




4 comments:
So who are the two that are expecting? I'm guessing Elizabeth and Daniel's wife.
Lucky you to have such a great extended family! And I personally like the new curtains. :)
Diane, you're right! They're both due within a week or two of each other (May, I think).
As Catherine gets older, she looks more like Seth, but in a sibling-way, not a they-look-exactly-the-same-way, which is good since she's a girl. :)
Thanks for commenting on that post. I'm glad you enjoyed An Unquiet Mind. I think it's such an important book about mental illness and anyone who has any connection to it, however distant, should read it. Especially in the Church, since there are such sad misconceptions about it in the membership of the Church (NOT in the Gospel or the leadership). Anyhow. That's my bit! :)
Post a Comment