We got miserably sick. All of us. But some of us got it worse than others:
Poor little Seth man.
What started out as a pretty nasty cold turned into a horrid eye infection for Seth. We spent a sad evening with a little boy whose eyes were so infected that he couldn't even open them. He was terrified; he kept crying, "I can't see! I can't see!"
Then his sweet daddy gave him a blessing. After it was done I laid on the bed with him and sang him some songs. Eventually he was able to open his eyes and his reaction was so sweet: "Mommy, I was blind, but Heavenly Father made me all better!" It's been over a month now and he'll still talk about when he was "blind."
This one was sick, too, but not nearly so badly.
Our hierarchy of sickness went (from lightest to most horrible): Catherine, Jon, Seth, me.
Mine turned into a fantastic sinus infection that just barely (one month later) disappeared entirely.
These are the awesome blocks we made/had made for the kids.
Here they are in the 'van' Jon made for them.
Seth in a firetruck at Angelina's birthday party.
Funny story about this one:
When we were getting ready to go to Arizona for Marah's wedding, I asked Seth who he was going to marry. His answer? "Angelina. And then Brie. But Brie will have to wait because Angelina is first." When I asked him why Angelina was first, he responded, "Because she had a firetruck birthday party." Apparently Brie's butterfly party just didn't cut it for him...
And also, polygamy is totally cool with the three-to-four-year-old crowd, apparently.
4 comments:
We had a very similar June to yours with everyone sick for about a month. Yep, it sucked. A picture we have of Caleb's eye infections has him looking just as ready for Halloween as Seth's. I love that he got to feel the healing power of the Priesthood in action.
Being sick totally sucks, especially when it's a mom! I love that story of Seth! His poor eyes! As always your posts crack me up.
Poor little Seth man! What a lovely story about the power of the priesthood to comfort and bless. I'm glad you're finally feeling better.
Those eyes make me hurt to just look at them!
Post a Comment