Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Love Day

I spent a good portion of February trying to explain to Seth that Valentine's Day is about telling people how much you love them. Foolish mother--Seth knew what it was really about: candy. And lots of it.

Seth was going to have a party at preschool, but the teacher's daughter came down with a fever the night before, so it had to be postponed. Knowing Seth would be heartbroken, I sneakily re-invited myself to a homeschooling party I had previously declined to attend (we really only need one candy-filled party a day). Luckily Bente was gracious and let us come.

We spent Valentine's morning whipping up a sweet box for Seth's valentines:

(Seth actually took these pictures)

Catherine got a paper bag, which she covered with tiny, tiny dots.
She screamed at me when I wrote her name on it.

The party was at a local athletic club which has this really cool area for kids. The best part is the treehouse, which is basically a huge jungle gym with ladders to climb and really long, twisty slides. Seth had a blast in the "spooky old tree" (thank you, Berenstain Bears). Catherine, of course, wanted to play, too. Which meant I got to spend more time than I ever wanted inside the treehouse. Hooray!


Eventually I was saved by the official handing out of the Valentines. Catherine and I handed out the Valentines. Seth kept getting so excited by all the candy in his box that he would grab it and run off to investigate its contents. I had to explain (several times) that more people were trying to put candy in his box, so he needed to leave it where it was, but I'm not sure that really sunk in. Either way we ended up with way more candy than we needed.

Forget heading back out to play--it's candy time!

Notice the nasty, sticky face?
Catherine was thrilled by this whole Valentine's idea.

And that was Valentine's Day for the Bloods! Jon and I will be celebrating later (when we can find the time to go out for our traditional Red Lobster). 

1 comments:

AZ Mikesells said...

Oh silly Meg - it IS about the candy;)