Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Great Outdoors

Maryland is one of the most beautiful states I've gotten to visit. During the summers and falls I feel like I'm living in a fairy tale. Or a painting. 

Of course, all that greenery doesn't grow without lots of horrible humidity, which generally makes me want to lock myself in my air-conditioned house from May until October. But for the sake of my children, I force myself to enjoy the beauty of nature, even if it comes with a good soaking.

Our biggest adventure this summer was a day camp put on by my amazing friend Tiffany. She has the most AMAZING woods behind her house. Because she loves the woods, and kids, and teaching, she freely offered to take our kids through the woods to the creek to play. FREELY, as in totally free. 

I perhaps bit off a bit more than I was expecting with this one. Turns out it was a good, long hike through the woods. Like almost an hour. And Aaron is heavy. So was my backpack full of water bottles. But all five kids (I brought along two extras just for fun) had a blast in the Wonder Woods:

Our next adventure was much more sedentary (for me, at least). We met up with some friends for an afternoon of swimming and chatting at Rocks State Park. Aaron did less swimming and more rock throwing: 

Seth and Catherine happily stole someone's tube and floated around: 
(note to self: buy tubes for next year)

We are so blessed with wonderful friends and a beautiful place to live.

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

You and Kenna both have the best adventures with friends. I'm glad you found what we had in San Diego!