Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Seth's Class Party

Seth's school always has an end of the year "celebration." They keep calling it a picnic, but there's no food involved, so I don't get it. They basically play games outside, which seems odd since Field Day was just a few days earlier. Clearly I am not in charge of these things.
He was so excited to have me there!

Relay race

Freckle-face selfie

They had a freeze dance game, which Seth took very seriously:
He clearly gets his moves from me.

Mrs. Morehouse's second grade class:

Blue popsicle tongue:

Elise, the "discouraged sibling":
I hate our school's policy of "no siblings allowed." It makes it really hard for people like me, with three little ones at home, to come to all these things. Plus I think it's just plain dumb that siblings can't come to things like Field Day or outdoor class celebrations. And not allowing nursing infants? Ridiculous. Luckily this time siblings weren't forbidden, just "discouraged". So Elise got to come and be carried around by Bente the entire time. Seth was so proud of his baby sister, despite the school's worry that my focus should be entirely on Seth and making him feel special. Guess what? Having his sister there made him feel pretty special!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Cutest 'discouraged' sibling ever! Good thing your school has some great teachers to make up for some really silly rules!