Thursday, November 17, 2016

Couples Halloween Party

For the past few years, there's been an annual couples' Halloween party hosted by four awesome couples. We've loved getting to dress up, eat food, and visit with our friends without interruptions by our lovely children. 

Sadly, all four couples moved away in the past year. Being the Halloween lover I am, I couldn't let such a great tradition die. And so, with the help of two other couples, we took over the couples' party. I could not have done it without Melissa--she had the vision! 

The morning of the party, everyone was hard at work. Elise was on paper plate sanitation duty. She took her job very, very seriously:







Aaron & Luke were in charge of un-decorating everything Melissa and I put up. Notice the sheets on the floor? Those had been covering the couches moments earlier:

Despite Luke and Aaron's best attempts, the house looked AMAZING for the party that night. I owe Melissa so much, but credit for the amazing window silhouettes goes to Anna and Alicia. When I asked for their help, I was not expecting that level of detail. That's what you get for asking artists for help!








Hosting a huge party is always crazy, but it was extra fun because Jon was out of town for two weeks and arrived home just an hour or two before the party started. And, us being us, our costumes were not simple. Which is how we ended up being 30 minutes late to our own party at our own house. Many thanks to Melissa and Craig for entertaining our guests until we showed up:
My costume dry run

A black and white photograph couple

A better shot

We have the best friends. I love that so many people here love Halloween like we do!

Matt & Emily took home the coveted trophy.
There's no competing with that He-Man wig!

Looking forward to lots of Halloween fun in years to come!

2 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Reminds me of Peterman's Halloween parties back in the day. I wonder what your neighbors thought :)

Kellie said...

My goodness, your house looks terrific! I especially love the window silhouettes and "great hall" style floating candles!