Thursday, November 17, 2016

Lohr's Orchard

Our trip to Lohr's orchard is becoming an annual tradition. I let Seth & Catherine ditch school in order to go with all the preschoolers from our ward. We are definitely in the "established family" phase now, instead of a young family like most of the other parents there. 
Brie hunted me down in the parking lot to make sure she got Elise. She takes care of Elise every Sunday during sacrament meeting and every Thursday during her sister's piano lesson. 

Three kids with some pumpkins and really bright sunlight

Elise is so, so loved

Catherine and Paul.
Sometimes Melissa and I talk about how our kids look like siblings.
Case in point.

Gabe & Seth. Possibly they're getting too big for this excursion.
There was some whining until I told Seth he could just stay at school next year.

With their apples

Puppy-dog eyes Aaron and his apple

Catherine in the pumpkin patch

Aaron's pumpkin face

Elise gets a pumpkin, too.

Little ones try the cider

The big ones are SO cooperative

That evening we brought dinner to a friend in our old neighborhood who had just had a baby. The kids found all their old friends and spent an hour or so running around happily. I don't miss that house at all, but I miss those kids. I miss having my kids having friends across the street.  I miss them being able to roam and explore the woods. Basically, I wish I could transport my house and yard back into our old neighborhood. Every time a house goes up for sale we cross our fingers for a family with lots of kids and no after-school care. Still not happening so far.  
Seth & Seth

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Other Seth looks so much older now! Love the photo with Elise eyeing the apple ;)