Since we've decided to go back to homeschooling this year I've tried to take the kids on some fun field trips when we can. We decided to check out a local estuary center one day in hopes of seeing some snakes.
Field Trip babies
No snakes were found, but caterpillars were!
Little Miss "I Do It Myself" had a great time on these stairs:
They were a bit disappointed with the hiking, but playing by the water made it all better:
Our next adventure was a bit further away but totally worth the 90 minute drive. I've always loved visiting caves and I realized that my kids had never seen one. I had to remedy that, so we made the drive up to Pennsylvania to see Indian Echo Caverns:
I wasn't sure how these two would do on the hour-long tour, but they were awesome!
Thankfully there were lots of puddles and pebbles to entertain Elise.
Seth and Catherine both loved it:
The cave guardian:
Beautiful formations:
This was the perfect trip: fun caves, a playground to enjoy while waiting for our tour and nice clean bathrooms (this is very, very important). So glad that Tracie and her boys decided to join us on this adventure. Hopefully we'll get to visit some more caves soon!










1 comments:
Wonder if we could go to Kartchner Caverns?
Post a Comment