Monday, April 20, 2020

March, Before COVID

With life being what it is, I've decided to cut WAY back on my piano teaching. With that in mind, I opted to not have a piano recital in the spring. Instead, my friend Bente invited us to a family home evening where we each shared our talents. Jon showed his Fill or Bust Excel game, I showed the picture I made for Kenna, Elise showed some paintings and did gymnastics (kicking myself for not getting pictures/video), and the others played piano. Elijah's talent was biting (not pictured either). 
Aaron plays

Catherine's turn

Seth's turn

February and March like to tease us with an occasional gorgeous day full of sunshine and 70 degree weather. Then they retreat back to the 40s and rain, leaving us desperately waiting for summer. On one of those days we headed to the park to soak up as much sunshine as we could!
Elijah slides!

Eating mulch and dried leaves.
You would think he would stop after getting one taste, but you would be WRONG.

March means time to get the garden started! Aaron is our little garden buddy. He's the only one who is totally committed to every step: composting, weed barrier, planting the seeds, watering, the whole deal. I love it. 
Helping Dad plant peas

I'm not always the best about celebrating holidays (there are just SO MANY and they are SO MUCH WORK), but I did try this year to make it a little bit more fun for my kids. March has the trifecta: Pi Day, the Ides of March, and St. Patrick's Day. We made several pies (or creme brulee, in Seth's case), explored how to find Pi, read a version of Shakespeare's 'Julius Caesar', and made delicious corned beef. 
Pie (Pi?) babies

Beware the Pi-des of St. Patrick's Day!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

We always forget Pi day. Oops! LOVE seeing Aaron with Jon in the garden, and Catherine still sporting red uggs.