Several months ago I asked Jon when Seth would officially stop being a baby. We decided around 18 months old we would have to admit he's not a baby anymore--he's a toddler.
Well I take it all back. I am NOT ready to give up my baby yet.
So, at 18 months old, our BABY is 24.5 pounds, 33 inches tall. Which pretty much makes him taller than all the other kids his age in our ward.
At 18 months old, Seth is:
*Absolutely, totally, psychotically obsessed with cars. If happens to see one in a book (or webpage, or movie or toy), no matter how tiny, he goes completely nuts. "CarsacarsacarsacarsaCRASH!" We currently have about 75 cars in various sizes around the house.
*He's understanding more of what we say. He understands and (generally) obeys "sit down", "lay down", and "get your shoes." He's also understands the word "food" now--it's no longer all called "cheese."
*He would probably spend all day on his slide if he could. Unfortunately he's been trying to stand on it, which makes me completely paranoid.
*All teeth are in besides the two bottom eye teeth (which are pushing through as I write this) and his 2 year molars. Hallelujah.
*His favorite foods at the moment are craisins, pistachios, M&Ms (he only gets one or two a day), ham, pasta, strawberries and cottage cheese. He has decided he no longer likes bananas or peas-and-cheese (he decided this AFTER I made a huge batch of it).
*Favorite movie? Cars, of course. Hercules has been supplanted.
*New words: "cuck" (truck or duck), "baby", and "oh, wow." That last one is said very sarcastically, since he learned it from his dad's sarcastic reading of a bedtime story. But pretty much the only things we hear all day are "car", "crash", and "please."
I had to (unexpectedly) deal with another "my baby is growing up" change this week: moving to his "big boy" room. We have two bedrooms down the hall from our bedroom. One is the nursery, the other has bunk beds in it for when Seth gets older.
I had no intention of moving him out of the nursery. He can't climb out (hasn't even tried) and no other babies need in. Plus it's just a cute room.
Unfortunately, the nursery shares a wall with our neighbors who have two boys. They have bunkbeds, which means every weekday morning at 7:15am, they jump off and run downstairs. Which means every morning at 7:15am, Seth wakes up screaming. After a week of this, we decided to set up his Pack-n-Play in the other room. I hate that my son has to sleep in such ghetto conditions, but at least he SLEEPS. I can't wait for the day we no longer share walls with our neighbors.
Today was Seth's first official week of nursery. By "official" I mean "legitimate." We snuck him into my parents' ward nursery for two weeks at Christmas and tried to sneak him in ours last week. No luck.
Nursery is the greatest thing to happen to us. Seth was SO ready--he never looked back; just headed straight for the cars. And oh my heavens was I ready. As much as my Beehives loved him distracting them from the lesson, I was done. And you know what? He was SO good in sacrament meeting today. Didn't have to take him out once (as opposed to every other week, when he's out the ENTIRE time with Jon). I love nursery.
In other news, I got to make another cake last week for a friend in the ward. I really, really love doing this--I don't have much time for creative things right now, so I really enjoy getting to design cakes.Yes, I know this picture is sideways. I've rotated it every direction and Blogger won't recognize it.
And guess who saw the cars on the cake and was pretty dang sure the cake was his?
He went into complete hysterics when she drove away with the cake. Guess I know what I'm doing for his next birthday...
Why do they have to grow up so fast?
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Seth at 18 Months
at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe he is in nursery now, and how impressive that he went in without throwing a fit. I agree Nursery really does make a huge difference with sacrament. I think because the kids get their wiggles out and have snack so they're not as hungry. Anyhow I agree it is so sad how fast they grow up.
I found a website I think you'll like. Click on the button for cake pops. I'd love to see you try some of those!!! http://www.bakerella.com/
You need to come and make Bethany's cake! At least I'm lucky that she usually orders an ice cream cake...
Post a Comment