Saturday, January 30, 2010

Let it SNOW!!

Since we were basking in the 70 degree Arizona during the big "2 feet of snow in 24 hours" storm in December (absolutely no regrets about that one), today was Seth's first time playing in the snow.Of course, he's been miserably sick: perpetually runny nose, fever, terrible cough (part of this is teething). But did that stop us from bundling him up and letting him run around for half an hour in the the cold? No way. We have our priorities.We weren't sure how he'd react--Seth HATES the cold. He cries when we change his diaper, insists that we warm up his milk before he'll drink it, and refuses ice cream. Much to our surprise, he LOVED it.


What to do first?


What IS this stuff?


Some patches were up to his knees


Slides are way more fun in the winter


Best. Day. Ever.

He didn't want to come in, despite the fact that he was coughing up a lung and had snot running down his face (nice picture, isn't it?)

We had about 5 inches when we were outside playing, and it's still coming down. But we are definitely NOT hoping church gets canceled so we can sit at home in our pajamas. Because that would be wrong. Very wrong.

(Keep it coming!)

10 comments:

Cori said...

Enjoy your snow and I will enjoy the photo's. I still have yet to feel nostalgic about missing it this year! I love Phoenix!

Brian and Kenna said...

Haha... well you could always pray for a toxic spill in your church... It happened in the Clyde Building (which is where I have church) so church is canceled tomorrow haha... crazy huh?

Christine said...

Isn't it weird how kids will do anything to stay outside even if they're coughing and snotty? We hid inside today but since our church also got canceled maybe we'll venture out tomorrow. Hopefully you'll get to as well!

Adrian said...

Love the pictures! Of course he likes snow, the only kid I've met who didn't was myself. :) I'm rooting for six more inches for you tonight.

Marah Catherine said...

Seth is so stinking cute! Too bad your church was only delayed not cancelled...

Sommer said...

Such cute pictures! I was hoping church would be canceled too, but I guess I'll settle with not having to go until 10:40 =)

Jen Bowen said...

Yay for snow! I have to try to enjoy it while I can since there won't be much in Houston. It's so fun that the boys are old enough to play in it this year. I love Seth's jabbering and your mommy voice in the video. Still getting used to hearing you that way :). I do the same thing while videoing Zach...and just talking to him.

AZ Mikesells said...

Loved the photos! Guess you'll have to wait for General Conference to have your Sunday PJ day...

Oh, and Meg, SNOT? Honestly, didn't I teach you more ladylike words???

Ali said...

Such a treat, right? The slide idea was brilliant. I'll have to remember that next time! He refuse ice cream? Are you serious!?!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Looks like fun. I miss the snow days, but I can only happily tolerate about two days of snow a year, and they better be before January. Joe is even less tolerant of it than I am! Moral of the story- we belong in Miami :D!