Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dear Mom,

Here are the Easter pictures you've been begging for. Sorry it took so long to get them up. You may place the blame on Young Women and LOST.

We did Easter baskets on Saturday so that Sunday we could focus more clearly on Christ. I was excited to put the baskets out this year because Seth is finally old enough to actually care about getting presents.
All the baskets waiting for us on Saturday morning.
Jon's is on the left, mine in the middle (it's the same one I used as a kid) and Seth's is on the right.
I'm sure Jon felt very loved when he saw what appears to be an empty basket waiting for him....


It's pretty clear who's the most spoiled person living in this house.



Yes, the eyes are closed, but it was the only picture I could get of him before he attacked everything. Once again, do we see a theme here? Firetruck basket, a car, and Lightning McQueen pajamas? The obsession is stronger than ever (although it has recently expanded into buses, helicopters, and motorcycles. Also, I'm starting to think he's obsessed with the woodpecker behind our house because he thinks it's some kind of car (he has only heard it, never seen it)...

"Oh my gosh! They let me have one of these? Last year they snatched it out of my hands before I could get more than tiny taste!"



I was super excited for him to have his first Easter egg hunt. Jon "hid" 9 eggs in the front yard (it was supposed to be 10 but I forgot to give him the last one) while I distracted Seth with his new car from the Easter Bunny.
He was a little confused as to what he was supposed to be doing, but he figured it out quickly and was actually pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing.
There was a moment of distraction when he found the egg with the matchbox car inside and starting hyperventilating. "Car! Car? CAR!!" Amazingly, Jon was able to convince him to put it in the basket and continue the hunt.

It didn't take him long to find all the eggs, considering our yard is the size of a small bathroom. We'll have to get more creative as he gets older...

Time to investigate the loot:


"What the...Craisins?! Where's the candy?!"

"Oh good. Here it is. I'd better shove as much of it as I can into my mouth before Mom takes it away."

How many malted milk ball eggs can Seth fit in those cheeks? Well, at least three. Then I decided he was done.

Easter was very low key here. Seth did amazingly well during Conference. There were only a few talks that we missed because he was jumping on us. I was very impressed.

We invited a few people over for Easter dinner, but it ended up just being me, Jon, Seth and the giant ham I bought. It was actually pretty nice to just be together as a family (and not have the stress of having the house presentable for guests. Conference weekend doesn't do good things for our living conditions).

In other news, it's been ridiculously hot here. I'm not exaggerating when I say that our temperatures have been rivaling temperatures back home in Tucson. 80+ degrees, and possibly even a 90 degree day yesterday. I don't mind, except that Seth hasn't been sleeping very well. We finally turned on the AC, much to Jon's dismay.

But Seth is loving it during the day. Every morning I let him out on our deck where he splashes in his water table from Grandma Cathy. He's in heaven. He also loves running around our cul-de-sac and watching the cars go past on Route 7 (Dawn told me only non-natives call it "The 7" so I'm trying to acclimate). And yes, both he and I get a good coat of 70 SPF sunscreen every day.

And, just for fun, here's Seth helping Jon as he attempts to fix our light:

Turns out it's unfixable (and just plain ugly) so I bought a new one today. After a great deal of Mormon cussing (Seth was napping, I swear) I was finally able to get it up. Stupid cheap Wal-Mart design...

6 comments:

Adrian said...

happy happy ham ham ham...I love easter! Hunting eggs is so fun. Lucky you to have warm weather, I wish it would warm up for good here! Just what was in Jon's easter basket anyway?

HeavenlyHome said...

CRAISINS?!?!?!? Are you CRAZY!?!?!? I saw that BIG cadbury egg!

AZ Mikesells said...

Mormon cussing! Haha, you learned from your father. Thanks for the pictures! They were worth the wait. Did Jon get anything besides the glasses he left here at Christmas.

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

#1: I think the consensus was that your cake was awesome!

#2: Ken has the exact same car pajamas that he wore Easter morning!

That's all.

Bye.

Scott.n.Mary said...

Conference worked out perfect for us...We really didn't miss much either. Rebekah was napping for the first 2 morning sessions, and the afternoon ones she was very calm...she loved the singing, of course, but even paid attention to some of the talks...not sure if she understood, but she was intrigued by something, nonetheless.

Dawn said...

fun post. Seth has grown up so much since last easter post. Good job on naming our roads properly and on the great family traditions. I'd love to hear you "mormon cuss" one day. haha, just kidding.