I have a new swimming suit.
So does Jon.
I have a new little black dress (my very first!).
Jon has the same suit he's been wearing since his mission.
We both have our brand new passports.
We have a giant bottle of SPF 45 sunscreen (and SPF 70 for my face).
We also have a giant bottle of aloe in case we miss some spots.
We have awesome friends to mooch off of: Warnick, our free vacation planner, and Joe & Amber, our free chauffeurs around Miami. We owe you guys big time.
I've been exercising every morning and eating healthy so that I can eat whatever I want and still fit into my little black dress.
In one week I leave for our cruise (Jon will follow later).
So does Jon.
I have a new little black dress (my very first!).
Jon has the same suit he's been wearing since his mission.
We both have our brand new passports.
We have a giant bottle of SPF 45 sunscreen (and SPF 70 for my face).
We also have a giant bottle of aloe in case we miss some spots.
We have awesome friends to mooch off of: Warnick, our free vacation planner, and Joe & Amber, our free chauffeurs around Miami. We owe you guys big time.
I've been exercising every morning and eating healthy so that I can eat whatever I want and still fit into my little black dress.
In one week I leave for our cruise (Jon will follow later).
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited. The truth? Not yet. At the moment my primary emotion is anxiety.
No, I don't have a fear of boats or water. Nor do I have a fear of leaving my son for a week (although it does make me so sad). But I DO have a fear of flying alone with my son for 5 hours. We're stocking up on snacks, car DVDs from the library, and toys that light up without making too much noise. This will be the last time he can fly for free. As much as I don't want to pay for that extra seat, boy am I excited for him to have his own seat for the next flight. We'll need it.
Guess I'd better start thinking about packing, huh?
7 comments:
Yay for vacation!!
You are going to have such a great time. Did you know that cruisers gain on average 1lb per day? Not that you have to worry about that, being the skinniest person I know, but just thought you'd enjoy that factoid.
I can't wait to see how you like Celebrity. I want all the details when you get home.
Seth will do great. And you never know, maybe the seat next to you will be empty so he can have his own.
I'm feeling the trip anxiety too! Mostly its just giddy nervousness, like Christmas Eve nervousness...
I leave tomorrow for my holiday and it can't come soon enough! Packing blitz tonight. Keep your fingers crossed that they keep London/Heathrow airport open!!!
Love,
Warnick
Have fun! Remember, the flight is only a couple hours long- it does end, even if it is torture. :)
ahhh take me with you PLEASE!!!!! You are so lucky Megan!! But you know what, I can't think of anyone else who deserves it more then you! You go above and beyond with the Young Women, and you have a zillion piano students, and you are a mom, wife, cook, and house cleaner on top of it! Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures so I can live through you =)
You are going to have such a great time...get away from this dreary weather and enjoy the sun! I understand about not being thrilled to fly alone with Seth...never fun when they're that age. New toys and benadryl are good secret weapons. Have a great time (I'm saying this with pure envy in my heart.)
I hope you have so much fun! Enjoy :)
yeah for only 1 week left!!
How much fun! You and your hubby alone on vacation! That is something I wish I could say that I was looking forward to.
I hope you have a great time and post lots of pictures for us to be envious of. :)
Post a Comment