(insert belly picture here, if I ever remember to take it)
I'm 36 weeks today. Which means (allegedly) only 4 more weeks until this baby will make her appearance. One part of me is thinking four more weeks of pregnancy sounds horrendous. But the part of me that still refuses to pack the hospital bag is thinking that four weeks is really, really close. Nine months sounded long at the beginning, but it sure went by fast. Much faster than it did with Seth.
At this point we're playing the waiting game. After last weekend's adventures (of which all symptoms are now gone, thank heaven) I have it stuck in my head that she will show up early. As in 'any day now'. Which means I'm on hyper alert, thinking every ache, twinge, or Braxton Hicks could be the first sign of labor. It's a pretty miserable way to live.
But I've found a good way to distract myself: keeping busy. That's what nesting is really about--it's something to think about instead of thinking about when this baby is going to show up. And I'm a professional. In the past three days I have baked and decorated three cakes and am currently in the process of burning and labeling 70 CDs for Primary. My mom is going to read this and yell at me for not taking it easy, but at least I'm distracted!
And don't worry, I have more! Next on the list is to finish our bedroom--finishing painting and putting up hardware. Then there are the sewing projects--hemming our curtains and making a valance for Seth's room. And if that doesn't last me until labor, I can scrapbook 2009, or finally put all our videos on my computer. Or hang the family pictures in the empty frames that have been up for months. I figure that's enough to keep me busy until summer. And if I haven't gone into labor by summer, we have bigger problems on our hands than distraction.
But I still haven't sorted those piles of pink clothes. It's funny--I always thought nesting was primarily preparing the nursery for the baby. So why is that the one thing I'm avoiding? Analysis, anyone?
4 comments:
I had lists of stuff I got done while waiting those last couple of weeks for Caleb to come. I say get as much done now since it'll get a lot harder once you have kids on opposite nap schedules.
Yelling from Tucson has been so effective - NOT. You're just the girl who can't say NO.
There's no way your going to last a whole month!!! Just sayin!!!!!
because nurseries are over rated. Just saying. ;)
knock yourself out doing all that stuff because (unless you are a lot better with life transitions then me) you won't be doing a lot of stuff for a while.
Post a Comment