Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mikesells!

My parents and baby sister (okay, she's 16) flew out for Catherine's blessing, but then got to stick around for another week.  We were really exciting, too.  They've already done D.C. and New York and we were not up for a tour of Philadelphia with a month-old baby.  So here's what we did instead:

Played with Grandpa (who ended up on the couch most of the time with an injured knee...boo...)

Got a haircut:
(He screamed bloody murder last time--this time he was all grins.  Explain that one, please)

Read books with Grandpa.  Grandpa especially loved 'Once Upon a Potty':

Showed off:

Went to the library: 
(Bad idea--Seth was grumpy and BOTH kids pooped. Oh, joy.)

Played cars: 

Went to White Marsh Mall and Ikea:
(Sorry, Beth--this really was the best shot)

(Catherine enjoying her first trip to the mall)

(Riding the cars is great fun until Grandpa puts money in them--then they MOVE and are SCARY)

Went to 'the pumps':

(Beth and Catherine were thrilled to be there)

Helped Grandpa feel better:

Went to the temple:
(Mom & Beth took the kids so we could do a session together.  Awesome date--thank you, Mom & Beth!)

Took lots of naps:

Began potty-training:

Definitely not our most exciting hosting, but they swore they just wanted to hang out with us.  Hope you meant that, cause that's what you got!  

My mom, of course, was amazing--laundry, dishes, and cleaning were magically done; babies were held so I could nap; and pictures were taken since I never seem to remember my camera.  My dad was a pro at getting Catherine to nap, plus he cooked us AMAZING meals.  And Beth was very good at letting Seth jump all over her while she slept and at introducing us to Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Justin Bieber (and yes, I just had to Google their names for correct spelling).  We are all a little dumber now (love you, Beth!).

I know I say this a lot, but I really feel like families are meant to live near each other.  Not necessarily next door, but close enough that a mom with a newborn could call for help when things are getting too overwhelming.  I know my mom would LOVE to help--not living near us is very hard for her.  So we are so grateful for the time we do get to spend with them!  Thank you for everything (and see you in a couple of weeks!!!).

2 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like fun! I'm jealous & amazed that you got to go to the temple already. We weren't able to go together until months after Tucker was born, and I'm trying to figure out how we can go sooner this time around. Good for you! Family is wonderful.

AZ Mikesells said...

You forgot about Glee :D Beth's going to LOVE and HATE this post.