We blessed Catherine on March 20th at our ward here in Maryland. Once again, we were lucky to have both of our families there. Okay, SOME of both of our families, but we'll take what we can get. Beth and my parents flew from Tucson (and stayed for a week--more to come!) and Jon's parents plus Stephen & Claudia, James & the twins drove from West Virginia.
Times like this make me wish we weren't so far away from our families. Seth was in HEAVEN--so many people to show cars to, wrestle with, and take him outside to play. And Catherine was in heaven, too--I don't think she was put down that entire weekend, which is exactly what she prefers. I think she spent most of the time in Stephen & Claudia's arms--they're getting in some good practice before their little girl arrives in August (yay!).
Catherine's blessing dress was the same one my mom and her sister Lori were blessed in. Since she's named after my mom, Mom & Lori decided it was only fitting to pass the dress on to Catherine. Please excuse the slightly yellowed color--I took it to the cleaners and they wanted to charge me $45 to whiten it. No, thank you...
And now for picture overload:
Our family.
The attending Bloods.
The attending Mikesells
Sara Catherine & her two namesakes (Grandma Cathy & Grandma Sara)
And yes, she's totally covering her face.
I was not kidding about her being constantly held:
Catherine & Aunt Joanna
Catherine & Aunt Bethany
Catherine & Tia Claudia
Catherine & Mommy
(Notice the angelic glowing? From my legs, I mean.)
A smile (for real!)
The reason we have so many pictures:
My dad's favorite--tongue out!
And just so you don't forget, we also have a very handsome son:
Even with only one eye...
We are so grateful to have this little one in our family.
















4 comments:
she is adorable megan! i love the last picture of you two together.
Moments of heaven here on earth! So sweet!
Oh, she's so beautiful! Lucky, lucky you to have such a wonderful weekend with family. Also Seth is exceedingly cute. :)
What a wonderful blessing to have her! She is a cutie! I absolutely love the last picture - stunning!
Post a Comment