Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter Sunday

The older I get, the more I love Easter. I'm hoping to help my kids understand the importance of this day. The past couple of years we made Resurrection Rolls, which are a big hit. As they get older I'm hoping to do more things throughout the week before Easter to help them be thinking about it longer than one day. But they're little, so for now we stick with the story of the Resurrection as told by various objects in Easter eggs and Resurrection Rolls.

Seth was still pretty sick on Sunday, so we decided to just take him to sacrament meeting and then Jon would take him home. But I wanted a shot of the kids in their Easter outfits before Seth went home and stripped off. Here's what I got:

Then Jon showed up and pointed out the lovely fire alarm in the background, 
at which point I took this one:
It's not perfect, but for a hallway shot it's pretty good.
And it's a miracle Catherine left that flower in her hair long enough for me to take these.

Also, I got a nice shot of me in my Easter dress:
Me at 15 or 16 weeks.
I'll spare you all my complaints about this picture and just leave you with a reminder that belly shots are possibly the single most awkward pictures known to women. Blech.

And I'm slouching. For shame.

We spent the rest of the day just relaxing. We took Catherine out of her lovely tulle dress and shoved her into our favorite dress from Grandma Easter Bunny. Seth was actually quite offended that I wouldn't let Catherine wear this one to church since the Easter Bunny had brought it for her. But as cute as it was, grey is just not an Easter color.

So she got to wear it for most of Easter Sunday: 
Seth's shoes are great fun to wear.

I love my little man, but girls are SO MUCH more fun to dress. 
She loves how this dress bounces when she jumps.

Thank you, Grandma Easter Bunny!

5 comments:

Adrian said...

I love your Easter dress, too. Catherine's flower is darling. I love her blond hair.

Pierce Family said...

Love the pictures, even the belly shot. Next time put something yellow or pink on the girl (shoes, hair bow, etc.) and voila...beautiful gray Easter dress!

AZ Mikesells said...

You'll notice that I NEVER had belly pictures until your dad would make me at 9 months!

Stephen and Claudia said...

i love your outfits, really cute. And your cute belly!!!

Anonymous said...

Meg as always, you look great, and thank you for showing a picture with you in it! I MISS YOU!