One of our favorite things about summer: hiking to Kilgore Falls and spending a nice afternoon in the water.
It's even better when we get to hang out with a bunch of friends while we play!
Seth has loved this place since...well, since this:
(This CANNOT have been that long ago. Really?!)
Catherine also enjoyed herself, but kept me in constant terror by following the big kids around.
She refuses to accept the fact that she is not one of them and will probably slip off the rocks and die.
I let them pick out a special treat to take to the falls. Their choice? Cheese puffs:
As we were getting ready to leave, Melissa suggested we take the kids up across the top of the falls instead of going out the way we came (Seth and Gabe had been dying to go up there but we had strictly forbidden it). I was a little worried about how my pregnant self was going to navigate the narrow, steep ledge we had to climb up, especially while holding Catherine & all our gear.
As it turned out, I didn't need to worry about Catherine. She insisted that I carry her the entire rest of the hike, but when we hit the steep, narrow, wet wall of rock, she HAD to do it herself:
The Princess climbs
Can't wait to head up to Kilgore again this summer with our friends!
+Seth+at+Kilgore+Falls.jpg)
1 comments:
Catherine actually climbed that herself? She must have some spiderman abilities.
I can't believe the change in Seth. We were with you for that picture - wow!
Post a Comment