My advent chain worked out so well last year that I decided to do it again this year. It was also a great way for Seth to visually understand how many days were left until Christmas. Here are some of the fun things we had on our list this year:
*write letters to Santa
*make paper snowflakes to hang up
(we did make the snowflakes, just never hung them up. Mom is a little tired this year.)
*played "Build a Snowman" dice game
*watched Christmas movies
*make ornaments for friends & family
*make Christmas cards
*make treats & took to friends & neighbors
*science experiments with candy canes
*drive & look at lights (we never actually did this...oops...)
*hot cocoa bar (a BIG hit with the kids)
*make gingerbread houses
*make snowman pizzas
Seth was SO into the whole Christmas thing this year. He remembered all the decorations and all the traditions and was SO EXCITED for everything. Which was very helpful since I'm still a bit sleep deprived and would probably skip a lot of things if Seth didn't care so much. (Although I will confess to having skipped putting up outside lights this year. Luckily no one seemed to notice or care). I promise to be more festive next year!
2 comments:
Grma Danice skipped outside lights this year too.
Sounds like so much fun. Exciting that Seth was into it this year.
Post a Comment