Sunday, March 30, 2014

That one time I cut off all my hair...

Jon likes my hair long (and so do I). Long hair doesn't have to be cut every 8 weeks, plus it can conveniently be thrown into a ponytail. Which is pretty much all I do with mine. But there's a fine line between "beautiful long hair" and "Amish/homeschooler/polygamist" long hair, and I apparently crossed that line sometime around Aaron's blessing day (right, Kenna?). 

So I went to my friend Tara and had her cut off eight inches. You know your hair is too long when you cut off EIGHT INCHES and no one notices.

Fast forward a few months. My hair is falling out in handfuls (one of my favorite post-baby phases) and I'm getting headaches every evening. I decide it's time for another haircut.

If I'm going to cut off a bunch of hair, I like to try to donate it when possible (not to Locks of Love--they're shady). I should have gone in a bit more informed. The stylist said the minimum length was 10 inches, so that's what I let her chop. In truth, I could have kept two of those inches...sigh...

Ten inches...gone!
Jon was really creeped out by this mound of my severed hair.

The new look: 

I don't love it. I don't even really like it (I would if it looked like this more often, but it doesn't). But my hair grows quickly and it will be back soon. And the headaches are gone, so hooray!

4 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

The hair does look like a dead animal... Thanks for FINALLY showing us the haircut;) Definitely not what I was picturing - I was thinking the pixie cut/mallets of your childhood :D Much cuter!!!

Holly said...

Super cute! I really like it! But yes, short hair takes more time to style, which is annoying. I keep wanting to cut mine, but then I remember that fact, and so I don't. Which means I now have gone over a year without a haircut...

Adrian said...

I think it's cute. I had long hair until Max was a few months old, at which point Spencer took me in to the hairdresser and told them to cut it all off. I discovered that my stick-straight hair, when relieved of all the weight, was now curly. (Thanks, Max.) I've worn it short ever since. Like you noticed - no headaches. I just brush it and go, there's no styling for me. But I like your haircut, it's cute.

Kellie said...

It's fun to see a new hairstyle on you! I think it looks very cute! I always feel like haircuts, especially drastically different cuts, are traumatizing. You look great!