Sunday, October 12, 2014

Science Co-op

I am loving getting to teach science at Seth's homeschool co-op. Granted, it has been a little crazier than the original plan (one family had a family situation that has taken them across the country until at least January, leaving us short a teacher). Instead of just teaching Seth's class, I'm also teaching the older class now, too. It's a lot of fun for me, but a whole lot of not-fun for the poor moms in Pre-K trying to deal with my monstrous whiny baby. 

This was from one of our latest classes: the layers of the atmosphere and layers of the earth. I found the idea for the playdough earth on Pinterest (what would I do without Pinterest???) and the kids LOVED it. We talked about each layer as we formed it, then used floss to cut it in half. Despite my fears, they all turned out beautifully!

Seth and his earth

All the layers inside

It is a lot of work every week, but when I'm actually in there teaching I love it!

0 comments: