Sunday, November 8, 2015

Carving Pumpkins

A morning in the pumpkin patch obviously leads to an evening carving pumpkins! I was a little nervous to embark on this adventure without Jon around for backup (not that he carves or scoops seeds--but he does help clean up and put kids to bed). But tradition is tradition and those pumpkin seeds can't go to waste, so let the carving begin!
Ready to begin gutting!

Aaron was an enthusiastic pumpkin gutter. Too enthusiastic, in fact. I looked over and he was using a scoop to fling seeds and innards all over the place.  

Seth gave it a valiant two-minute attempt before giving up and "letting" me finish the rest: 

Catherine was not at all inclined to sticking her hands in a slimy pumpkin. She did painstakingly retrieve some seeds using a spoon (those hands must not get dirty!): 

Cute little boy ready to carve his pumpkin:

This year's pumpkins featured a cement mixer, Ariel, and a Minecraft diamond sword. Seth actually carved about 80% of his pumpkin by himself. I was really impressed!  

Seth and Catherine assisted Aaron by stabbing his pumpkin with toothpicks.
It definitely makes the cement mixer look more terrifying: 

Three crazy kids with their pumpkins.
And the lights from our front yard.

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Are you still finding pumpkin guts randomly stuck in odd places, I am - and no one was purposely flinging! Dad says you are raising them right - next generation of pumpkin artists!