Another trip to Dugway, another couple weeks of adventures for me and the kids. We started this one off with a bang. Literally. I was putting the kids to bed when we heard a loud noise that shook the entire house. After some investigation, we discovered that the garage door had sheared a bolt and snapped a wire, allowing the door to fall down. With the van inside. And church the next day.
The bolt
The pulley and wire
Luckily we have some amazing friends who will come over at 9 pm to hold open a garage door so I can back my van out. It was a chilly week to be without a garage to park in, but I was just grateful the door didn't fall on the van or one of us. And it was only $200 to repair.
Last year for co-op we went to an educational play with giant dancing dinosaurs. I wasn't terribly impressed, but Catherine has been talking about it for an entire year. So when we had the chance to go back, off we went!
Excited for the dinosaur show
Dinosaur shows are super boring.
Aaron would rather make pregnant Mom run up and down the stairs.
There was also one tragic night when Seth got invited to a birthday party and Catherine did not (somehow most parties so far have been ones both kids got to attend). Luckily a Happy Meal and an ice cream sundae were all it took to make the tears go away:
Sunday was a very exciting day. Not only was it the Primary Program (yep, still chorister here), but Jon was out of town and Aaron developed a pretty high fever Saturday. I sent out some panicked requests for potential babysitting for Aaron on Sunday, but the fever seemed to break in the night. I drugged him, dragged everyone to church, and got two of the Young Women to sit with us (one for Aaron, and one for Catherine, who I knew would be a princess at some point during the program).
In one of those miracles, we all survived. The program went well, and both Seth and Catherine said their parts without issue. Catherine did refuse to go sit on the stand initially, but went up to say her part (weird, I know). She stayed on the stage for a few more songs, gradually falling apart until I signaled for her to come back down. Like I said, I knew I would need an extra set of hands for Catherine! Not too bad for her first Primary Program! This was Seth's fourth Program and my sixth!
We headed right home after sacrament meeting to make sure sick little Aaron got a nap (and didn't share with his Nursery peers). Even though the fever was gone and he took a nap, it was still a rough afternoon. We did a lot of this:
And a lot of this:
Poor sweet guy. Luckily it only lasted a few days and no one else seemed to get it.








1 comments:
What, Aaron not liking the Dinosaur show? Apparently it needed a cement mixer ;)
Post a Comment