Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Aaron of the Hair

This kid. I love his face. 

Dec. 1, 2016: Here he is showing off his skinny white body. Oh, and his Lego wheel rings:

When Aaron was eight months old, I wrote: "I don't quite know what to do his hair--it grows straight out of the top of his head. I keep thinking it will eventually get tall enough that it lays down, but so far it seems to defy gravity pretty well."

I believe this is what is known as "foreshadowing" in the literature world:
(Dec. 1, 2016)

Because Aaron is forced to accompany me on all shopping trips, he gets to pick out a treat at the store. This time he opted to forgo the candy in favor of a balloon. I tried to convince him to go with a non-birthday option, but he was sure this was the one he wanted. 
(Dec. 2, 2016)

A few Aaron-isms:

*He referred to the heater as "the Mater" for several weeks

*Whenever I make myself a spinach salad, he immediately attaches himself to my side and begs for "nummy leaves."  I find this simultaneously awesome and annoying.

*Lately he's been constantly referring to "saron" (rhymes with "Aaron"). I think it might be a mispronunciation of "seven", but he'll use it in all kinds of situations that have nothing to do with numbers. My favorite is when he says "I'm saron!" I've decided Saron is his alter ego.

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Are you sure he's not making LOTR references?