Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Eleven Months

Jan. 11, 2017

Oh, my Elise-a-bug, can you really be 11 months old already? I wish I could keep you this age for a little longer. You're growing up so quickly--I don't want to miss it!

You're definitely getting more opinions and are getting better at making those opinions known. Most of the time you're very mellow and easy-going, but you don't back down when you think you need something. Like a constant influx of food at meals. Or to be nursing twice a night. For a little girl who should be weaned in a month, you like nursing WAY too much...
Jan. 6, 2017
Eating the food you rejected during breakfast

You have mastered the art of climbing up the stairs. Both you and your siblings are thrilled with this development. You're also practicing sliding down on your belly, which I find very impressive.

You are pulling up on EVERYTHING. I even occasionally find you practicing standing alone. You haven't completely stood hands-free yet, but you're getting there.
Jan. 20, 2017
Pulling up on the elliptical I'm trying to use.
I no longer exercise when you're awake. 

Jan. 13, 2017
The tub is your favorite place to pull up.
You beg for baths several times a day.

Diaper changes are the worst minutes of your day. Being restrained for that long almost kills you. And me.

You've stopped writhing and kicking while nursing, which is great. But your new entertainment is scratching at my face while you nurse. I swear you have baby ADD.

Jan. 1, 2017
Ruffle bottom. Because: ruffle bottom.
Watching you crawl in this is my favorite thing ever.

You're working on waving but won't do it on command yet. Just at random times. Same with clapping. You do pat me & Dad on the back or shoulder when we pick you up, though.

You've stared pinching. I have little pinch marks all over my neck.

Still no words, but you love babbling back at us when we talk to you.
Jan. 17, 2017
Hanging out with Ella in the ball pit

You caught another cold and were a little miserable for a few days. But I got some extra snuggles, which is a rare thing with you. You're always on the go!
Jan. 2, 2017

Grandma Cathy sent you this lady bug outfit and I'm in love. 
We sure love you, little Lady Bug!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Sliding down on her belly at 11 months? She's going to be scaling doorways soon ;)