Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Family Time

By east coast standards, our family is huge. But I love the crazy and wouldn't have it any other way! I love this little family of mine. 

Jan. 5, 2017
Three siblings watching longingly...(except Seth, on a device)

...as Catherine does her gymnastics class

Jan. 6, 2017
The Aaron monster spots his unsuspecting prey:

He quickly makes his ascent:

Elise is captured, much to her joy:

Lest you think that Aaron and Elise play sweetly all the time, 
let me give you a more realistic glimpse of their relationship:
Jan. 11, 2017
Aaron LOVES his "wobot" chair from Aunt Lori

He's happy to share the packaging with baby sister...

...but touching the chair is unacceptable and she is quickly shoved down.
He frequently has meltdowns when he finds her in his chair.
She's in his chair quite frequently since it's the perfect height for climbing into.
Sibling love.

Jan. 7, 2017
Enjoying our new-to-us Wii. Seth & Jon have spent many long hours mastering the races, much to the happiness of Aaron, who loves watching "motorcycles" (as he calls it). Catherine has even mastered some races on 50 cc. I actually really enjoy it--it's something we can all do together. 

Jan. 8, 2017
Seth instructed Aaron & Catherine in the constructing of a temple out of Magnatiles.
He then insisted that I send this picture into the Friend magazine.
I have yet to do this because I'm a great mother.

And the current favorite family activity:
Jan. 15, 2017
Getting thrown on the bed by Daddy. 

Catherine, Aaron & Elise all love it.  Aaron asks to be thrown on the "20 bed" every day when Jon gets home (translation: thrown 20 times on the bed). In Aaron speak, "20" is the highest possible number, so he's really asking for infinite throwings. 

Seth is left to watch from the sidelines, as he is more than twice the weight of Catherine (Aaron & Catherine are both around 30 lbs.)  and Jon refuses to try to heft him.  Being the oldest has its perks, but it also has some drawbacks. 

I love these people. I'm so grateful I get to spend all my time with them!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Poor Seth, his mom doesn't send in his temple photo and his dad won't toss him on the bed :D