Whoever painted this house had very...interesting taste in color. Someone asked us if they were from India since the colors were what you'd find at your average Indian restaurant. We never met the seller, so we have no idea. But after two years of staring at mustard yellow walls, I was ready for a change.
Of course, painting with little helpers is always exciting. Thankfully Elise still took naps and Aaron either played on electronics (great parenting, I know) or he laid on the ground by me and asked, "What the heck you doing?" "I'm painting." Repeat. Repeat. For hours.
Jan. 16: Elise is VERY excited to help paint!
I hear grey is the new cool hair color. Lucky me.
The reason it took me so long to get around to painting this was our two-story entry. With the way our house is set up, there's no place to break up the color. It goes all the way from the entry, up the stairwell and down the entire hallway upstairs. I knew it was going to be a HUGE job. Plus I knew I'd have to climb to the top of a giant ladder to paint. I made Catherine take this picture as proof that I actually did it:
(Jan 28)
Yes, it was horrible.
Yes, I was totally sweaty and terrified being up there.
Thanks for asking.
Also, this picture does not do justice to how high I actually was.
Jan 30: The very last bit of yellow paint in the house. Bye-bye!
Because I'm crazy and figured we might as well just do all the chaos at once, I ended up painting not just the entry/stairwell/hallway, but also two bathrooms, our piano room, our library room and a storage cabinet. Jon told me it would take me until March to be finished. I had everything done in less than a month. So there, Jonny Blood.
Feb. 10: The last room to be painted!
Feb. 11: DONE!
Also, because I'm incredibly proud of how this turned out:
BEFORE
(Jan 15)
And..AFTER!
(Feb. 15)
Hallway shot before (kinda):
(Jan 16)
And after:
(Feb. 15)
Piano room before (from Halloween since I didn't take a picture):
After:
(Feb. 15)
Front door/entry all done:
(Feb. 8)
And, because I really want my husband to hate me, new paint color calls for redecorating the house. I was happy to see the red go--I never really liked it, but that's what color was in our townhome when we moved in, so I went with it (why?). Jon was a little heartbroken to say goodbye to our comfy couches, but I'm in love with the new one Melissa found for me!
Feb. 23: Elise & Aaron are also fans of the new couch.
Aaron immediately put it to the "flying leap from the piano bench" test.
And then Elise changed her mind and decided she hates it:
Or I took away her tiny, sharp screwdriver collection.
We (actually, basically just my friend Melissa) still have a lot of decorating to do, but the painting is done! I love it so much. It finally feels like MY house.















2 comments:
Totally impressed -- it looks great!
I won't know your house! I wish I had your ambition...
Post a Comment