Sunday, May 27, 2018

April Activities

First, we celebrated Timmy's birthday:
It was very exciting. 

Then there's this girl, who has decided she loves dolls and frequently carries one around:
Relaxing with Moana
This is new territory for me: Catherine didn't do dolls. Ever. 

Then there was the time I walked into the church parking lot after an activity and found a huge batch of youth surrounding a tree. They were excitedly cheering on some ridiculous youth who was attempting to climb it. And then I looked more carefully and realized it was my husband in the tree:


Apparently there was a shoe caught in a branch. Jon used his super tree climbing skills to save Lydia's shoe AND impress all the youth. 

It finally got warm enough for a trip to the water by the goose pond.
There were many wet babies on the drive home:

It also got warm (?) enough for a backyard bonfire.
The kids were ecstatic. 
Timmy refused to join us. He retreated to his cool, dark basement.

Elise was completely sure that she needed the huge, sharp stick.
We let her have it because sometimes it's just easier. 
Actually, most of the time it's just easier to let Elise have her way. 

And, just in case you're wondering what homeschooling with little ones looks like, it looks like this:
This is me trying to help Aaron with his reading while Elise flops around on my lap.
I'm also yelling at Seth to do his math. 
Homeschooling is not for the weak. 

3 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Those Bloods are talented climbers, but apparently some (Tim) are not fans of small children, fire, and waving sharp sticks.

Adrian said...

Ha ha! Homeschooling is DEFINITELY not for the weak!!!

Timmy's Journal said...

Actually, I'm alright with all of the three. I'm just not a fan of the heat and S'mores