Monday, May 28, 2018

Catherine

Bored during Stake Conference?
Use magnetic tangrams to create family pictures on the back of the chair in front of you:
Catherine (with blue hair), me & Elise

I'm Activity Days leader right now, which mean Catherine ends up participating in a lot of our activities. She has a blast and is often the envy of her other not-quite-eight-year-old friends who can't join in the fun yet. She'll be legitimately in there in February. Crazy. 

Several of our girls (and Catherine) after our Recognition Night

One Friday afternoon we dropped Aaron and Elise off at Kaia School (two hours of fun preschool activities) and headed to the mall to find new church shoes for Seth (we wear the same size now!!!). We walked past the piercing place and I jokingly asked Catherine if she wanted her ears pierced. She always gives me an emphatic, "NO!!!" This time she stopped. And thought. And examined the earrings. She wasn't ready to fully commit, so we did a bit of walking around while she considered. With some (a lot) of persuasion from Seth, she finally decided to go for it. 
I loved that they pierced both ears at once. I watched her eyes get a bit teary when they pierced, but she didn't cry or jerk. I was very impressed. 

Look at those beautiful blue flowers!

As a side note, it might be advertised as "free", but getting the earrings and nonsense put me back about $75. Ridiculous. 

Catherine is still my most willing helper, especially if it involves cooking. 
(she insisted I take this picture)

She's definitely still our sassy, independent, standoffish little cat-girl, but we wouldn't change any part of our Catherine. 

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Magnetic shapes is a fantastic idea! Maybe Catherine should market it ;)