Sunday, May 27, 2018

Nadara

For months our kids had (allegedly) been saving their money for a snake. When our friends offered to sell us their snake (the one we had babysat over the summer while they were on vacation), the kids jumped at it. 

Well, Catherine did. Seth wasn't sure he wanted to pay for half the snake. But after some tears from Catherine, he gave in and they became the proud owners of Nadara the Ball Python:

Have you ever seen a more adorable picture of a girl and her snake?

Of course, it hasn't all been snuggles and smiles. Seth made the mistake of trying to pick Nadara up while his hands still smelled like rats. She thought he was food and chomped down on his finger. It was a good ten seconds before Jon flipped the light on and she let go. It bled quite a bit, but he survived and learned some valuable lessons. 

I get lots of comments about how crazy I must be to have a pet snake. Honestly, I don't have to walk it, or pick up poop every day, or deal with fur. Snakes are super easy pets! My only real problem is that family members are suddenly unable to come visit anymore. No way we're getting Grandpa Scott within several miles of a snake!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Snake wrapped around my granddaughter still makes me cringe, but I am coming anyway.