When we moved in three years ago I knew that our kitchen cupboards needed to go. Well, first the spring green and mustard yellow paint needed to go, but then the yellow cupboards with the random red trim.
Check out all the majesty!
Since a kitchen renovation was not in the plans (or the budget), I had big plans to restain them myself. I tried a couple methods over the years, but eventually decided to try gel stain. It didn't work out exactly like I'd hoped, but it was a LOT easier than stripping and sanding everything (which I had done in our townhome with the help of my sister Marah).
I started with the bathroom before I did the kitchen:
The colors turned out nicely on the doors!
Then it was on to the kitchen!
Even with just one coat on the island I saw improvement:
One side done, one not:
Bathroom is done (I kept the panel off for a color guide):
Island done:
Totally done!
(and a new kitchen table that we can actually fit plates AND food on!)
Another view:
As a reminder:
It ended up being darker than I originally planned, but I think it looks nice! It tones down the yellow in the tile and granite plus just seems to blend in better with the rest of our house. It was also my last really big project for our house, so it's nice to be done! Everything else is as simple as hanging up decorations or shifting furniture. Woo hoo!










2 comments:
You're amazing! Looks so terrific!
I wish I had your daring - and your energy!
Post a Comment