Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Four Months

So charming!
And...possibly rolling over.
Sometimes.

I was greatly looking forward to the four month mark and it did not disappoint! Newborns are tiny and sweet, but I love when my babies get just a little older and more fun.

Here's what you're up to at four months old:

-Grabbing at stuff. You're still not super coordinated and it can take several attempts before you finally grasp the desired object, but you're getting better every day! Your favorite thing to grab is (naturally) hair.

-You were 25.75 inches and 18 lbs. 1 oz. at your appointment. Chub, chub. But your pediatrician was most worried about your giant head, which is off the chart and shows no signs of slowing. So we shall see about that one...
I am IN. LOVE. with your legs.

-Clothing ranges from 6-9 months to size 12 months. Not bad for a 4 month old!

-Biggest change this month: sleep training! I knew I needed you to be sleeping better before school started. You were also starting to get too wiggly to sleep in your swing (you'd squirm enough that I was worried about you falling out). Plus you had rolled over just enough times to make me worried about keeping you in a swaddle. I was dreading the process of weaning you off the swing, followed by the swaddle. I decided to just go cold turkey and do it all at once. It felt a little cruel at first, but once we realized you just needed a (breathable, too-tiny-to-choke you) blanket to chew on/snuggle with/rub on your face, it's been pretty easy to get you to sleep. Still up 1-2 times a night to nurse.
I made you these mini-blankets since you won't sleep without cloth on your face.
Maybe now you won't suffocate...hopefully...

-First nap is usually pretty good. Rest of the naps are 45-60 minutes. Which is fine, since our schedule rarely has us home all day for naps.

-We've tried giving you food a few times and you really don't seem to care yet.

-Teething. Gah.
Not a fan of your teething mitt.
It's scary. 

-At the pediatrician's recommendation we pulled out the Bumbo and the Jumperoo. Time to work on that core strength! Tummy time is still the worst and you rarely manage to roll over (but you have rolled both ways on several occasions).

-You spit up ALL THE TIME. I'm so done with it.

-You have two girls at church fighting over who gets to hold you. It's actually gotten a little out of control...

-As long as you are being carried around, you are perfectly content all the time. You love being talked to and are quickly bored when your siblings aren't around.

-Raspberries. Now you're always soaking wet from spit-up AND drool.

-You've discovered your own voice and LOVE to sing and talk to us.
Talking to Mommy

-At the distracted nurser stage. Meaning the pattern on my shirt was just TOO COOL and you could not handle it.

-Such a happy, sweet little guy. We went to the pool a week or so ago and Daddy was carrying you in the big pool. Aaron was trailing behind you, wearing (as always) his giant goggles. Not sure what it was about the goggles, but you starting laughing hysterically every time you saw Aaron. So adorable.

Love you, little bit!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Those legs are the best!