Tuesday, November 26, 2019

July Moments

I love how thick and long my hair gets during pregnancy, but I knew it would all be over around 3 months postpartum. My hair had gotten ridiculously long (like sister-wife long) and I did NOT want to deal with that falling out all over the place. And so I chopped it off! It was either 13 or 15 inches (and yes, I did donate it). 

Still had hair past my shoulders after the cut...

When my little sister was a toddler she would come up with the randomest, most crazy outfits/activities/phrases. When we asked her where she got her inspiration from, she'd say, "My brain told me." On many, many occasions Jon & I have wondered whether Elise is actually Bethany's mini-me. For example: one evening we found her running around the house like this:
She was flapping her hands and saying, "I a spooky bat!" 

Example #2:
She raided my bathroom supplies and grabbed four loofahs: one for each appendage. She then proceeded to dance around the room, kicking and tossing the loofahs on her arms and feet. All I could think about were the Hawaiian dance classes I took as a kid. Specifically the poi ball dances. 

Bubba Jr, for sure.

I've found that I'm moving into the next phase of parenting. It's called the "I would rather pay money for real Play-Doh than try out another 'mess free' homemade version." And yes, that goes for slime as well. Sorry, children #4 and 5:
Never. Again.

When Dad hurts his back and Mom has to cook dinner, someone has to deal with the baby! Some day his wife will appreciate all the skills I'm teaching him.

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

It'll be fun to have Elise and Aunt Bubba together at Christmas :D :D :D