Picture this: it's 11:55 pm on Dec. 31st. After a nice evening playing games and laughing with family, you gather together and dispense the sparkling cider. Don't worry: your sweet husband is right there, ready to celebrate with you. No, wait. It's 11:56 and he's running upstairs to...brush his teeth?? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, to BRUSH HIS TEETH. He assures you that he'll be back in time for midnight. And so, I present, Invisible Jon ringing in the New Year:
(Invisible Jon also plays a middling game of Bohnanza, in case you care)
For our last adventure with the Weirichs (and for Dad's Christmas gift), we headed to the big Air & Space Museum near the airport (I refuse to figure out how to spell or pronounce the actual name). My dad is a HUGE astronaut junkie, so I knew we needed to get him down there. It did not disappoint:
Me and a random assortment of children.
Oh, and a shuttle.
On the way into the museum Seth spotted the observation tower and asked if we could go inside. I wasn't sure, but it turns out you can (score!) and it was FREE (double score!). Unfortunately we arrived just as the last elevator was heading up. I thought we were out of luck, but the sweet guy running the tour promised there would be plenty of room. Since I had the giant stroller, I kept the baby and sent Jon with the kids (minus Elijah and Catherine, who was pretending to be a Weirich).
Seth at the top
Stunning, but it's the best Jon got.
Lady at the top
After three weeks of fun, we had to say goodbye to Weirichs (Kofords bailed on us in order to be home in time for the best family New Year's Eve party ever. Sorry, Marah...). I hate saying goodbye since we are never sure when we'll get to be together again. Thank you for all the fun times and for your patience with us, Brian & Kenna!
We got to keep my parents a bit longer for one reason: Seth's ordination to the Aaronic priesthood. My parents weren't able to be there for his baptism, so Mom wanted to make sure they were here when he was ordained. Thankfully it all worked out beautifully with this new "move everyone up in January" thing!
This was a new world for me as the oldest of four girls. I had a hard time processing the idea of Seth passing the sacrament and attending Young Men. But, as it turns out, he adapted quickly and now seems just like one of the boys. I think throwing them in with all the older boys (plus giving them specific and necessary responsibilities) can do wonders.
I love this picture of Seth with some of the men he gets to look up to!
Here's hoping for an excellent 2020!






1 comments:
Was I being a Weirich too? The observatory view is awesome. Good picture of Seth too :)
Post a Comment